Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pending article--Introductory DJ'ing, or "Play That Funky Music, Elf-Boy"

As noted before, I'm both an SL Mentor and a SL DJ. One of the more common questions I get are requests from folks who've decided they really want to learn how to do that. So, fair warning, I'm gonna offer in this blog some general guidelines for how I got started, what equipment I use, and pointers for working the crowd and the mic. There are probably as many styles as there are DJ's, so feel free to adapt as you need to.

I learned my lesson from the last posting I did, which got completed several weeks after I started it due to a RL interruption, so I'm gonna split this into pieces small enough to be written in one setting. The last post also kinda turned into less a post than a freakin' essay, so hopefully, the short & sweet daily bits may actually also help keep me from lecturing too much or drafting a dissertation. Not gonna try to start it tonight, as it's waaay too late at night for me to launch into that now. But, keep your eyes peeled for upcoming posts.

No comments: